April 26, 2011: commenced 7:02 p.m.
Chair: Elmer Rudolph
Recorder: Gavin McLeod
Guests: David Guiney.
1) Approval of minutes of previous meeting: Moved Seconded and Carried to approve minutes of the June 22, 2010 meeting: moved by Mary Wilson seconded by Andrea Francis.
2) Emergency Preparedness Meeting: The city of New Westminster will be presenting an emergency preparedness seminar at the Fraser River Discovery Centre on May 3, 2011 from 6 to 8 pm. Tim Armstrong will be presenting a video no the role of Vancouver first responders during the aftermath of Catrina.
3) United Boulevard Extension: The project will impact all of New Westminster but Sapperton in particular; will the city support the wishes of the citizens of New Westminster? There will be a workshop on Saturday April 30th.
4) Street Toppers for the West End: Elmer reported that progress has been made and the signs should be in place this year; additional signs would be available for street corners for $100 each.
5) Pedestrian and Bicycle Advisory Committee Report: Mary Wilson reported that she has entered her third year on the pedestrian and bicycle advisory committee; Mary reported on construction of bicycle greenway.
6) Traffic Committee Report: Gavin McLeod reported on the meeting at the Neighbourhood Traffic Advisory Committee, traffic problems are supposed to be given a high priority by the police over the next few months.
7) Citizens Police Committee Report: Andrea Francis reported that a grant is available to neighbourhood groups.
8) Treasurer’s Report: Gavin McLeod reported on the cash balance in the account.
Additional Agenda Items:
Cultural Award: Mary Wilson reported that she has been nominated for the New Westminster Cultural Award.
Membership Renewals: Elmer invited members to check their dues status.
Adjourned: 8:04 pm.
Next meeting: scheduled for September 26, 2011 @ 7pm at Unity In Action Church.